Tufts Wireless Laboratory recognizes the following sponsor groups:
- TWL financial no-interest sponsors
- Have exceptional academic standing
- Have developed research interest in wireless technology
- Be willing to participate in the Lab's organizational development
- Be willing to actively participate in the Lab's meetings
- Be ready to work in a team environment with other members/researchers
All potential member candidates must submit a "Letter of Intent" to the Director of the Laboratory. The letter must clearly state why the applicant feels suitable for joining the Lab. The letter also needs to state clearly that the applicant is willing to spend time and effort to help execute the Lab's current projects and tasks. After the initial "Letter of Intent" submission, the potential member candidates will be invited to interview with the Director or Associate Director of the Lab. Upon success, the applicant will immediately become a member of the Laboratory's talented team.